ComEth4000a 24 Port Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2/ 3 Switch
Interface Concept's ComEth4000a series is a 6U VMEbus Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2/3 switch with full- and half duplex mode. In the 4HP version are 12 ports on the front panel available. The 8HP version has 24 GbE ports on the front panel. The ports are PICMG 2.16 or VITA 31.1 compliant. One LED per port shows the activity and link of the Ethernet connections on the front panel.
The ComEth4000a series supports auto crossover, auto polarity and auto negotiation. Auto negotiation is defined in IEEE 802.3u. The QoS allows to prevent packet loss with back pressure or flow control. A virtual cable tester checks the cable. VLAN's based on port or MAC addresses simplifies network management and the RSTP/STP protocol is used for a more reliable network.
IGMP and MLD reduce the network traffic. 9 KB jumbo frames minimize the interrupt handling of the involved stations and generate a smaller protocol overhead. Link aggregation and LACP increase the data throughput.
In addition the ComEth4000a series combines a layer 2 switch and a layer 3 router. The switch can handles up to 16000 MAC addresses and offers layer 3 functions allowing local IP forwarding (IPv4/IPv6), static and dynamic protocols (RIPv2, OSPFv2) routing, proxy-ARP and DHCP. The functions are manageable through web or CLI.
The ComEth4000a series comes in three different environment classes from standard (0°C to 55°C), extended temperature (-20°C to +65°C) up to rugged convection-cooled (-40°C to +75°C).
- 6U/4HP or 6HU/8HP VMEbus switch, VITA 31.1 compatible, IEEE 802.1ad, 802.1d, 802.1p, 802.1Q, 802.1v, 802.1w, 802.1x compliant
- 12 front panel port layer 2/ 3 Gigabit Ethernet switch, 4HP version
- 24 front panel port layer 2/ 3 Gigabit Ethernet switch, 8HP version
- MAC table with 16.000 entries
- Back pressure and flow control
- 9 KB frames
- IPv4 IGMP and IPv6 MLD snooping
- Static link aggregation or LACP
- Layer 3 functions: static and dynamic protocols (RIPv2, OSPFv2), IPv4/IPv6, proxy-ARP, DHCP
- Bandwidth management with flow rate limiting, egress rate shaping and minimal bandwidth per traffic class
- Up to 400 VLANs (256 active)
- QoS with 8 priority queues level per port
- Multicast and Broadcast limiting
- IGMP, UDP, and RSTP/STP protocol
- Virtual Marvell cable tester
- Port mirroring
- SNMP and private MIBs (Management Information Base)
- Managed through web or a CLI interface
- Full and half duplex mode
- Auto negation, auto polarity, auto crossover and automatic MAC address management
- One LED per port on the front panel for link and activity and two LEDs for board status
- Full MIB and RMON counters
- Operating temperature range: 0°C .. 55°C, -20°C .. +65°C or -40°C .. +75°C
- 2 years warranty
12 port GbE layer2/3 Switch, 0°C .. 55°C operating temperature range
12 port GbE layer2/3 Switch, -20°C .. +65°C operating temperature range
12 port GbE layer2/3 Switch, -40°C .. +75°C operating temperature range
24 port GbE layer2/3 Switch, 0°C .. 55°C operating temperature range
24 port GbE layer2/3 Switch, -20°C .. +65°C operating temperature range
24 port GbE layer2/3 Switch, -40°C .. +75°C operating temperature range