MCS-2080 2U 19" Rackmount media cloud server with 2 Intel Xeon E3 processors per node
MCS-2080 front view
MCS-2080 rear view
MCS-2080 top view
MCS-2080 2U 19" Media Cloud Server with modular Compute and Switch Nodes for up to 16 Systems provides HEVC/VP9 and 4K/UHD
2U server with modular compute and switch nodes for up to 16 systems provides HEVC/VP9 and 4K/UHD. It is powered by up to eight compute nodes is a cost-effective media processing platform equipped with Intel® Quick Sync Video. The ADLINK Technology MCS-2080 server provides up to 16 systems (2 systems per 8 MCN-1500 compute node) . Eight PCIe x8 slots are available. Two redundant switch nodes offers 16 internal Gigabit Ethernet links to compute nodes and four 10Gigabit Ethernet upload links. The ADLINK MCS-2080 is designed for media applications that require advanced media processing capability, and allows optimal access to Intel® Quick Sync Video hardware for video encoding/decoding and customized video processing.
In contrast to general purpose rack servers which usually have at most two CPUs and perform software video transcoding, the ADLINK Media Cloud Server is an Application Ready Intelligent Platform (ARIP) for advanced video applications with high density computing performance that is designed from the ground up to meet the technical considerations specific to media servers while being cost-effective and easy to maintain.
With the ADLINK MCS-2080, developers can create media server applications that take full advantage of hardware-accelerated media processing for video decode, encode, and a rich set of video pre/post processing. The Media SDK library supports a range of mainstream operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 2012, CentOS, and SuSE Linux. This provides more flexibility than customized solutions, which generally provide just a Linux-based development library.
While the Intel® MSDK has extensive functionality for video processing, it doesn't provide a comprehensive end-to-end solution for all media processing tasks. This is where the ADLINK MediaManager can fill in the gaps and provide an end-to-end processing solution.
ADLINK MediaManager software, which comes standard on the MCS-2080, expands on the functionality of the Intel® MSDK by providing additional media building blocks to handle common media processing tasks not natively supported by the Intel® MSDK Library, including demux/mux of media container files, RTP receiving and streaming, video composition, and audio processing. In addition to the functionality outlined above, ADLINK MediaManager also includes sample programs for video analytics, streaming transcoder, and conferencing MCUs to help customers simulate an end-to-end solution or quickly kick-start their own video application on the ADLINK MCS-2080.
Besides the mainstream media applications mentioned above, the MCS-2080 can be used in other cloud-based applications, such as remote virtual desktop, cloud gaming, and multi-screen infotainment. By supporting GPU virtualization, the MCS-2080 allows GPU resources to be shared amongst many concurrent VM clients. Using ADLINK MediaManager software, developers can write applications that scale across all ADLINK MCS Series products, including future generations.
- 2U 19″ Rackmount Server, 900 mm depth
- 8 MCN-1500 hot-pluggable compute nodes for 16 systems
- 2 systems per node
- Dual Xeon E3-1500 v5 (BGA)
- Dual Core i3/i5/i7 Gen. 6 (BGA)
- Intel C236/C232/CM236 chip set
- Up to 64 GB DDR4-2133 RAM
- Integrated Intel GT4e graphics
- 4 GbE Base interfaces
- 2 mSATA slots for up to 512 GB SSDs
- 2 USB 2.0 front panel ports (1 port per system)
- 2 HDMI front panel ports (1 port per system)
- 1 PCIe x8 expansion slot to rear of chassis
- 2 Switch nodes each with:
- Broadcom 56150 managed GbE switch SoC
- Chassis management module (CMM)
- Four 10GbE SFP+ front panel ports
- 3 GbE front panel ports
- 1 RS-232 console port
- 16 GbE ports on the backplane for compute nodes
- 1 GbE port between two switch nodes
- 6 fans with fan speed control on chassis
- AMI UEFI BIOS with ACPI 1.0/2.0 support, Intel PXE pre-boot and remote console via IPMI SOL
- 2 hot swappable 2200W/1600W redundant power modules
- Intel Quick Sync Video (GT4e graphics) with H.265/VP9 hardware transcoding support
- 0°C .. +40°C operating temperature range
- ADLINK MediaManager
- IPMI 2.0 with SOL and web based management interface
- 2 years warranty
2U 19" chassis with 2 redundant PSU
Chassis management module
Switch Node: 4x 10G Managed GbE Switch
Compute Node: Dual Intel Xeon E3-1585 v5 (BGA)