TPMC533 32 Channel 16bit ADC, 16/0 Channel 16bit DAC and 8 Channel TTL Digital I/O
32 channel of simultaneous sampling true differential bipolar 16bit analog input, 16 or no channels of simultaneous update single-ended unipolar/bipolar 16bit analog output and 8 channels of tristate 5V tolerant TTL digital input/output. All signals are accessible via HDRA100 type front I/O connector. The TEWS Technologies TPMC533 PMC module provides two sequencer one for AD conversions and another one for DA conversions.
The ADC offers true differential inputs with software selectable +/- 5V and +/- 10V bipolar input voltage ranges (one setting for all eight channels of each ADC). The sampling rate is up to 200 kSPS and they offer an oversampling capability with digital filter.
The DAC offers software selectable 0-5V, 0-10V, 0-10.8V, +/- 5V, +/- 10V and+/- 10.8V output voltage ranges (individual setting for each of the four channels of the DAC). The setting time is typ. 10µs and the DAC channels are capable to drive a load of 2 kΩ with a capacitance up to 4000 pF.
To be able to collect ADC frames and to output DAC frames the TPMC533 provides input and output FIFOs. Data transfer on the PCI bus is handled by TPMC533 initiated block transfer mode DMA cycles with minimum host/CPU intervention.
Each TPMC533 is factory calibrated. The correction data is stored in an onboard serial EEPROM. These correction values can be used to perform a hardware correction for every analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. Additionally, measurement data read out of a temperature sensor on-board can be used to compensate temperature dependent errors.
All 8 DIOs can be programmed whether to have their Digital I/O transmitters enabled or disabled individually per I/O line. The digital I/O receivers are always enabled so each DIO level can always be monitored and can generate an interrupt, triggered on rising edge, falling edge or both. Additionally a debounce filter can be configured to get rid of bounce on the digital I/O lines.
A wide range of drivers is available: Linux, Integrity, QNX, VxWorks and Windows. All drivers - except the Windows drivers - are supplied as C source code.
- PMC module, 32 bit/33MHz PCI interface
- DMA master functionality
- 32 channels bipolar 16bit analogue input
- Simultaneous sampling
- True differential inputs
- Programmable input voltage: +/-5V and +/-10V
- 200kSPS sampling rate
- Oversampling capability
- 16 or 0 channels single-ended unipolar/bipolar 16 bit analogue output
- Simultaneous update
- Programmable output voltage: 0-5V, 0-10V, 0-10.8V, +/-5V, +/-10V, +/- 10.8V
- Setting time: typ. 10µs
- 2kΩ load with up to 4000 pF capacitive load
- Onboard temperature sensor
- Programmable conversion rates
- Frame trigger signal for synchronization purposes
- 8 channels of tristate capable 5V tolerant TTL digital input/output, ESD protection
- HDRA100 type front I/O connector
- Factory calibration data stored in EEPROM
- -40°C .. +85°C operating temperature range
- Integrity, Windows, Linux, QNX, and VxWorks drivers are available
- 5 years warranty
32 port A/D, 16 port D/A and 8 port TTL digital I/O
32 port A/D, 8 port TTL digital I/O
1.2m cable with HDRA100 and two HD50 connectors
HD50 terminal block
Cable kit for modules with HDRA100 connector